What You’ll Learn
General Valve Maintenance
- Principles of operation and the application/limitations of gate, globe, check and pressure seal valves
- Disassembly, inspection, repair, adjustments, and reassembly of valves
- How to unpack and repack a valve
- Procedure for blue checking a valve disc/seat and the interpretation of the results to determine the correct path of refurbishment.
- Different Lapping (polishing, reconditioning flawed mating surfaces) utilizing manual techniques and lapping machines.
- Proper techniques for gasket removal, gasket mating surface preparation, and gasket reinstallation
- Learning the proper handling of calibrated measuring tools to take critical measurements of valve components
- Identify different markings on valves and what they mean
- Valve machining equipment and their applications and limitations
- Design functions of various control valves and their application.
- Disassembly and assembly of control valves
- Packing arrangements
- Packing consolidation techniques
- Body and trim materials